Family Resource Center
The Center is open for children and families in Brenner Children's Hospital, clinic and the community. Our goal is to encourage families to take an active role in finding information related to theirs child’s health and safety.
The Center offers:
- Comfortable sitting areas with a scenic view
- A place where parents can come with their children to read, relax, and find health information
- Television and VCR/DVE to watch educational videos
- Staff to help families find health information
- Pediatric Nurse Educator available 16 hours per week to assist children and families in the evaluation and interpretation of health information
- Children’s books
- Listening center for books on tape
- Medical Books
- Anatomical models and dolls
- Educational videos in English and Spanish
- Computers with Internet access
- Quiet play area
- Brochures on health and safety
- Book cart
Medical books may be checked out for a two-week period and renewed for two weeks, if needed.
Books in the Children’s Library may be signed out and returned to a basket on the inpatient units or to the Center when completed.