Finding the Best Hearing Aid for Your Child
Our audiologists work closely with you and your child to help select a hearing aid that provides the best amplification possible. We take into account your child's specific hearing loss issues, age, daily activities, comfort and any preferences about style and size.
Types of Hearing Aids
One size does not fit all when it comes to hearing aids. We offer a variety of the latest, most technologically advanced hearing aids for children of all ages:
- We typically recommend behind-the-ear hearing aids for young children. As little ears grow, the earmolds need to be replaced frequently. Since this is costly, we use soft material for the earmolds, which is important for active children. Hearing aids for babies and young children may have special features like locking battery doors (to prevent swallowing the battery), small earhooks and locking volume buttons.
- Older children and teenagers can use the variety of styles that are available to adults, but degree and configuration of hearing loss need to be taken into consideration. Learn more about available hearing aids.
Extensive Hearing Aid Services
- Hearing aid consultation, evaluation and fitting
- Hearing aid adjustments and reprogramming
- Electroacoustic verification of hearing aid performance (state-of-the-art testing for accurate fitting)
- Hearing aid cleaning and repairs
- Thirty-day trial period for new hearing aid fittings
- Hearing aids available for loan
- Emergency hearing aid clinic, with appointments usually available within 24 to 48 hours. Please call 336-716-3103 to contact the clinic.