Physician's Access Line (PAL®)
The Physician's Access Line (PAL®) is a
physician-to-physician hotline provided by Brenner Children's Hospital (BCH) at
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) to practicing physicians throughout
North Carolina and our extended service and referral area.
PAL connects you to the full-time faculty physician of your
choice or another specialist in that discipline via one of our Expediters.
PAL was designed to enhance the "shared care" of
referred patients by facilitating ongoing communication between BCH faculty
physicians and practicing physicians.
Physicians can use PAL for a variety of services:
- Consult with a specific physician or a faculty physician in
a specific specialty or subspecialty.
- Arrange emergency air or ground patient transfers to Brenner
- Arrange the referral of a patient to a specialist at BCH.
- Obtain evaluation and progress reports for patients referred
- Obtain updates on drug therapies and medical procedures or
- Inquire about, or make a reservation for, continuing
- Remain informed about the referred patient's condition and
any discharge plans.